- Marx whistling Space Tops complete with launcher and original box
- Space age tin satellite spinning tops made in Japan for Marx Toys
- Freedom and Liberty Bell space tops are named for the first manned space flights in the 1960s NASA Project Mercury
- Hand-held launcher starts the tops in motion ... SEE MOVIE!
- Tops are in fine working condition with minor play wear
- Original box is in very good condition, complete with insert
- Marx Toys 1960s
- An interesting note about this set:
A customer asked whether the Freedom top is missing a spring on the bottom. The answer is no —
that’s the way the toy is designed. Only one top has a spring.
This is documented in “Marx Toys: Robots, Space & TV Characters” by Maxine Pinsky (Schiffer Books) where the author explains that the 1960s space tops were based on an earlier 1930s top set.
In the early set, the tops were a globe and a man’s face, with the spring as a design element, like a neck tie,
to indicate a body and not just a loose head. The globe top had no spring. The whistling space top set was made
from the earlier toy, with new graphics —and a spring on only one top.
- USD $189 plus S&H
Please allow $15 for insured Priority Mail delivery within the US. Shopping cart combines multiple items to save on shipping!